July 25, 2011

Sail Away!

Sorry for the delay in posts, I was gone on a vacation sailing through the Caribbean (on a lovely family cruise) and while someone else was doing the navigating, maps are on my mind again......

Back in February I did a post on Decorating with Maps here's a little recap: 




I recently came across from fun map wallpapers on House Beautiful to help achieve this look. Whether you choose to "map" the entire wall, just the ceiling, line the back of shelves, or make cohesive looking storage boxes  or frames, these wallpapers make an easier way to get the map look without decoupaging.

This one is my favorite since it is so realistic with light colors and based on real charts from Ralph Lauren Home

Here is a photo from Coastal Living with this wallpaper in a bathroom

Sepia toned map wallpaper from Pierre Frey

1700's London inspired map from Thibaut

Mount Desert Island treasure style map from Peter Fesano

Vintage "Christopher Columbus" style map from Stark Wallcovering

1 comment :

  1. I love these! I can just imagine them in a library or office, or even a master bedroom. I have friends who travel a lot and collect maps. They out them all over the bedroom...it looks SO cool
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS